Labor Day 2015 is finally upon us, signalling the end of summer festivities and the beginning of a new working chapter for most. But don’t despair! There’s still time to treat yourself this Labor Day and rock up to parties and celebrations in style. Make your hair the centre of attention this Labor Day with this perfect, half-up, half-down super-straight hairstyle, as seen here on Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, which you can wear right through to autumn. Find out how to recreate the supermodel’s look below…
- Wash hair with innosys Hydration Nature Shampoo and Conditioner. These all-natural products gently work to cleanse away dirt and grime whilst moisturising and hydrating hair in the most organic way. The gentle low-pH formula also means the Hydration Nature shampoo and conditioner combo can be used after any chemical processing treatment, including the iStraight system, which you can read more about here.
- Use a fine tail comb to comb back wet hair before parting in the middle. Comb hair down on either side and dry hair using your preferred method – either leave to air dry or blowdry with a round brush.
- When your hair is fully dry, follow your middle parting to split hair into two sections. If you have particularly thick hair, split these sections again to work with smaller, more manageable sections, using a large grip to pin away hair you are not currently straightening. Apply a heat protectant before using our Croc Flat Iron, to iron out kinks and achieve silky-straight hair. What makes this flat iron superior to others is the combination of titanium ionic plates and infrared heat – which smoothes cuticles for shinier hair. It also cuts down on damage, by straightening hair 60% faster than competitors’ flat irons. Alternatively, you can make this process even quicker (or skip out this step completely), by having the iStraight Keratin treatment applied to your hair at your local Midwest salon. Our specialised Keratin treatment leaves hair lusciously smooth and straight for up to 12 weeks, meaning you no longer have to spend hours on styling!
- Apply the iStraight Pure Essence Oil to mid-lengths and ends. The blend of argan oil, melaleuca oil and omega-3 fatty acids work together to tame frizz and combat flyaways, making it the only finishing product you need after straightening.
- Take a 1-cm section of hair right from the left side of your parting and pull it across, clipping it in place at the right side of your head. Repeat the process from the right side of your parting, taking an equal amount of hair and clipping it over to your left.
Continue this process until you have reached the top of your ear. Try to pin hair using bobby pins in a neat row, to accentuate the criss-cross look. If you want the look to have fewer pins and look more tousled, use bigger sections of hair and pull a few strands out at the end. Conversely, for a super-sleek look, use smaller sections.
- There you have it! An ultra-chic, super-easy straight hairstyle to keep your hair away from your face and keep it looking glamorous this Labor Day. Enjoy your supermodel-worthy tresses!
Interested in the iStraight system for smoothness, strength, hydration and repair? Then contact us today.