Hair Straightening Introduction
Professional Hair Straighteners
If your hair is thick, curly, or frizzy, or you’re just not that into your texture, you might have considered getting your hair chemically straightened. Here are some considerations to keep in mind.
1. Chemical straighteners work by changing the structure of your hair. Each hair is made up of grouped chains of keratin, a naturally occurring protein. Chemical treatments affect the way these chains are held together to effectively de-coil each strand.
There are several different types of in-salon chemical straightening and smoothing treatments, with Japanese and Brazilian being the most common ones. Both processes involve coating each strand with a strong chemical, then warming it up to activate the formula.
The Japanese straight perm is a permanent straightening solution that only requires touch-ups as your roots grow in about every six months. It can cost between $400 and $850 per treatment, depending on the salon’s location, stylist’s experience, season, and any promo being offered for 1st-time clients. Three most famous brands of the Japanese Thermal Perm in the US are Yuko, Milbon Liscio, and Innosys iStraight System.
Then there are keratin treatments (aka Brazilian hair straightening or smoothing). The semi-permanent technique can last between two and four months and puts you out about $200 to $350 per treatment. It won’t give you pin-straight hair, but it does significantly reduce curls, frizz, and styling time with results that stand up to humidity.
2. The process takes less than two hours – but you won’t walk out of the salon with your best blowout ever. At the salon, the stylist will shampoo your hair, then apply the chemicals to dry or damp hair section by section. Different formulas require different amounts of time for processing, so you sit tight for a bit. Then your stylist blow-dries your hair and flat-irons it at a very high heat. Afterward, your hair will be straight, shiny, and silky,
3. After chemical straightening, you can’t wash your hour for 1-2 days after treatment. This drying time, which can last up to several days depending on your stylist’s recommendation, allows the product to set in.
For more info or purchase any of the i-Straight System Starter Kits, contact us.
iStraight Hair, Inc
Follow iStraight Hair on social media…
- Follow us iStraight Hair Google Plus page
- Like our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter
- Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Looking for hair salon that uses istraight in new york (manhattan brookline or nearby) . PLEASE – CAN YOU GIVE ME RERENCE
Thanks, Ana for the comment and interest.
A couple of ideas, please check with the New York New Jersy Distributor, as they would have a more updated list for the most recent and experienced salons that use the innosys iStraight System or iStraight Keratin.
Otherwise, right on the top of my head, you can call Renee Marean (Pigtails Hair Salon) in Somers Point, NJ and they will help you.
Any other questions, please reply or call us
iStraight Hair, Inc
Chicago & the Midwest Distributor of Innosys BeautyCare Products
Can you please tell me if I straight is sodium hydroxide or thio?
iStraight System is Thio based, where Ammonium Thioglycolate has been safely used in perms for many decades because it is much milder on the hair than lye (Sodium Hydroxide or equivalent).
Comments are closed.